If you’ve ever passed a vegetable in the supermarket and not known what it was or what to do with it, then this recipe is for you. Watch as Chef Elsie Ramos uses wax turnips to make a delicious alternative to potatoes.
Curry-Seasoned Wax Turnips
- 1 16-ounce package of cubed turnips (or two large wax turnips, chopped)
- 1 large, sweet Vidalia onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Curry seasoning to taste
- Olive oil
- Add oil to a large skillet or nonstick pan and heat on medium.
- Add wax turnips, then cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped onion, curry, and salt & pepper.
- Add a few drops of olive oil, then stir.
- Cover and let heat on low for another 15–20 minutes.
- Turnips are ready when you can stick a fork in and pull it out with no resistance.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serves four. Enjoy!
Healthy Living http://hfhealthyliving.org/
If you live in New York City or Long Island and want more information about our health plans, please click here.
Please note that clicking on this link will take you away from the Healthfirst Healthy Living website.
© 2016 HF Management Services, LLC.
Healthfirst is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Healthfirst group of affiliated companies.
This health information or program is for educational purposes only and not intended to treat, diagnose, or act as a substitute for medical advice from your provider. Consult your healthcare provider and always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.