Getting ready for summer? So is New York City! Check out these free warm-weather events that will help you and your family get the most from the city this season.
- SummerStage, from City Parks Foundation, sponsors free concerts all summer long, from opera to musical theater. Check out what’s happening now through September here.
- BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! is one of New York City’s longest-running free outdoor festivals. Shows are held at the Prospect Park Bandshell. Find upcoming events here.
- Get classical with The New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Parks! These free weeknight concerts are held in parks all over New York City, including Central Park, Prospect Park, and Van Cortlandt Park. Learn more here.
- NYC’s outdoor pools are open! Visit from 11am–3pm and 4pm–7pm for free all-ages swimming. NYCParks also offers free Learn to Swim classes—get more info here.
- Don’t miss these special Family Days offered by Lincoln Center Out of Doors! Go here to find out where and when you can find family-friendly events with music, dance, spoken word, and more.
- Dance under the stars at Bryant Park’s Wednesday night dance party. Take a one-hour dance class, followed by a free dance—open to all and all ages!
Festivals and Events
- Save the date for City of Water Day on July 16. Enjoy free boat tours, kayaking, fishing, and more at this one-day family event!
- Celebrate Harlem’s history and culture during Harlem Week, from July 30–August 26. Check out the festival’s free outdoor, family, and performing arts events here.
- Walk, run, or bike down New York City’s streets while they are free of cars during Summer Streets. Almost seven miles of NYC’s busiest roads will be closed to cars for three Saturdays in August. Get more info and a list of free events here.
- The Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival is happening August 12 and 13. Visit Flushing Meadows Park to watch this exciting race!
- Don’t miss West Indian American Day Carnival on September 4! Celebrate the end of the season with colorful costumes, parades, and performances.
If you live in New York City or Long Island and want more information about our health plans, please click here.
Please note that clicking on this link will take you away from the Healthfirst Healthy Living website.
© 2017 HF Management Services, LLC
Healthfirst is the brand name used for products and services provided by one or more of the Healthfirst group of affiliated companies.
This health information or program is for educational purposes only and not intended to treat, diagnose, or act as a substitute for medical advice from your provider. Consult your healthcare provider and always follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.